Thursday, March 19, 2015

Classes and new things to try

I'm expanding my repertoire, playing with new things.  My current passion is stencils, and I love my stencils, but they kind of require a lot of upkeep if I'm going to keep them clean, and sometimes you just don't want to go through all that. 

So I've taken a couple of classes, to help me expand myself and learn to just put something on the page.  I took one in Art Journaling with the incredible Ophelia, and one in Collage with Sharon DiGiulio of DiGiulio Studios.  (I'm still not sure I entirely get collage on a 'sure I can just do this' level, but I'm a lot closer than I was). 

And everywhere, we used pretty papers.  Book Papers, magazine papers, homemade painted-and-stamped papers, all kinds of papers. And now I'm playing with some random papers I have around the house, and I am having SO. MUCH. FUN.

Pics are going to have to wait til daylight, I think.  But I'm going to take some, and post them here.  Maybe even some process pics, because I'm REALLY enjoying the results I'm getting right now.

For now, though, I'm off to evening ablutions and bed.  The sleepy train is chasing me down at this point.  But I just took a look at the papers I did today (finally, FINALLY dry!) and was too excited to wait til daylight so I could forget to post on this.

Y'all have a great night!

EDIT, Friday:  here's a picture of the completed, dry papers:






Two tries, two color palettes--I like the blue one best for its depth and because it's my color palette, but I like both of 'em pretty well.  I need to be a little more generous with the color for the muted oranges next time, I think.  But I'm really excited about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment