Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Art is my addiction

Or, This is what happens when you try to reinvent yourself.

My name is Shannon, and I am an artist.

Sounds like something you'd stand up and say at an addiction meeting, doesn't it?  And it's not far off, for two reasons.

First, the first step to changing what you are is stating what you are.  Claiming an identity, whether it's the one you want to shed or the one you want to step into, has to happen in order for life to go on with purpose.

And second, yeah. Art is my addiction. (Or the conversation my mom used to have when we were at craft shows, "I only sell crafts to support my habit."  "What habit is that?" "Making crafts.")  There's so much more to learn out there than I ever will, and so much more to play with than I could ever get bored of.

Art is my addiction.

And it is SO MUCH FUN.


1 comment:

  1. Right there with you, my friend. And I can't wait to see what you create next!

    ReplyDelete